Fri, Sep 15|
Independence, OH, USA
National Black Doula Association Birth Doula Training
Birth symbolizes a new beginning. A fresh start. In the NBDA Birth Doula Training program, we bring back what was lost or stolen from us as women, while we incorporate an improved model of doula business. Taught by Brandie Bishop of Your Tribe Family Services In-person Training in Ohio
Time & Location
Sep 15, 2023, 9:00 AM – Sep 17, 2023, 5:00 PM
Independence, OH, USA
About the event
Hello World Changers!
Thank you so much for answering the call to Birth Work and choosing me to as your Birth Doula Trainer. Please take a moment to watch this short intro video, and then take some time to introduce yourselves in the discussion section for this lesson.
Also, as we prepare for an amazing training, please make note of a few things:
- Training is a safe space, and we will treat each other's thought ideas and stories with love and respect.
- Brief moments with your cameras off are understandable, but the expectation is that your camera is on 90% of the training time.
- Please raise your physical or virtual hand to share thoughts and stories, but PLEASE share!
- Get to know the other people you are training with; we get incredible people in our trainings. Don't miss out on a friend, resource, or possible back-up Doula.
- Ask questions!
PLEASE NOTE THE TIME & TIME ZONE
Class begins - 9am EST
Break 12pm - 1pm EST
Break 4pm-4:20pm EST
Class ends 5pm ESTCourse Outline Day 1
- What is a Doula?
- Reclaiming What’s Lost Granny Midwives
- Development of Western Medicine & Birth – The Birth of Obstetrics
- Her’Story of the Ancient Healer
- Ancestral Techniques
- Healing from the Earth
- Development of Intuition
- Doula Approach, Philosophy & Style
- Understanding the Stages of Labor
- Various Labor Onsets
- Birth Terminology & Medical Procedures
- Comfort Measures
- Station & Stages of Delivery
- Pushing & Pushing Techniques
- Surgical Birth
- Delivery of Placenta
- Birth Terminology
- Medications & Narcotics
- LGBTQIA & Birth
- Prenatal Nutrition
- The Doula & The Birth Partner
- Understanding Birth Physiology
- Real Labor Complications & Labor Aversions
- Immediate PP Complications
- The Golden Hour
- Covid-19 & Birth
- The Business of Birth
- A full day dedicated to Birth Business Development &
- NBDA Certification Requirements
- Continuing Education Components
- Mentorship, Growth & Development
NBDA Birth Doula Training
Please Note: There are NO REFUNDS issued for trainings. When you complete the Enrollment Form, you are agreeing to this. If you are unable to attend a training, you have the option to reschedule for a later date within 1 year with the same instructor. You MUST contact that instructor directly for the reschedule.$825.00+$20.63 service feeSale ended